Coronavirus (Covid-19) latest information
We will keep you updated with the latest government information and advice here. You will also find links to resources you may find helpful and there is more information on the Hounslow Council website.
We are in a national lockdown: starting 5 January
You must not leave, or be outside of your home except where necessary. You may leave the home to:
- shop for basic necessities, for you or a vulnerable person
- go to work, or provide voluntary or charitable services, if you cannot reasonably do so from home
- exercise with your household (or support bubble) or one other person (in which case you should stay 2m apart). Exercise should be limited to once per day, and you should not travel outside your local area.
- meet your support bubble or childcare bubble where necessary, but only if you are legally permitted to form one
- seek medical assistance or avoid injury, illness or risk of harm (including domestic abuse)
- attend education or childcare – for those eligible
If you do leave home for a permitted reason, you should always stay in your local area – unless it is necessary to go further, for example to go to work.
Staying in your local area means stay in the village, town, or part of the city where you live.
- Clinically extremely vulnerable people are advised to stay at home, except for exercise or essential health appointments.
Advice for care leavers during or after Covid-19
Care Leavers Covenant have put together some useful guidance factsheets for care leavers. The factsheets cover a range of situations such as if you’re studying at university or expecting a child.
Getting tested for Coronavirus
Do not leave your home if you are feeling unwell. Use the NHS website for advice or call 119 to request a home test.
You can also get tested even if you don’t have symptoms at a Rapid Test centre. If you live in the London Borough of Hounslow you can book a Rapid Test through the council website. If you live somewhere else check your local council website.
Looking after yourself
As well as looking after your physical health, it is very important to look after your mental health.To find out what you can do if you are feeling anxious about Coronavirus see the Young Minds website for advice.
Hounslow Youth Counselling Service are offering new and existing clients telephone support. See their website for more details. Please let them know you are a care leaver as they have a counsellor specifically for care leavers. They also have a self-help hub on their website where you can find information and services to support and empower you.
Give us a Shout provide a free text service 24/7. Text 85258
Support with food
If you are struggling to get food you can search online for local food banks that can help you. If you live in the London Borough of Hounslow you can search for your closest one here
If you live in another part of England you can see what assistance is available on the council website where you live or at Citizen’s Advice
You can also speak to you social worker/personal adviser or the participation team if you need assistance. Contact details