Coronavirus (Covid-19) latest information
We will keep you updated with the latest government information and advice here. You will also find links to resources you may find helpful and there is more information on the Hounslow Council website.
National restrictions now apply to England: 5 November
- you cannot meet socially with anyone indoors unless they’re in your support bubble
- there are changes to how many people you can meet outside
- you must not travel in the UK or overseas, unless for a specific reason, like education, work or a caring responsibility
- Clinically extremely vulnerable people are advised to stay at home, except for exercise or essential health appointments.
Advice for care leavers during or after Covid-19
Care Leavers Covenant have put together some useful guidance factsheets for care leavers. The factsheets cover a range of situations such as if you’re studying at university or expecting a child.
Symptoms of Coronavirus and what to do if you have them
Do not leave your home if you have any of the following symptoms:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss of, or change to, your sense of smell or taste.
Use the NHS website for advice if you are feeling unwell or call 119.
Looking after yourself
As well as looking after your physical health, it is very important to look after your mental health.To find out what you can do if you are feeling anxious about Coronavirus see the Young Minds website for advice.
Hounslow Youth Counselling Service are offering new and existing clients telephone support. See their website for more details. Please let them know you are a care leaver as they have a counsellor specifically for care leavers. They also have a self-help hub on their website where you can find information and services to support and empower you.
Give us a Shout provide a free text service 24/7. Text 85258
Support with food
If you are struggling to get food you can search online for local food banks that can help you. If you live in the London Borough of Hounslow you can search for your closest one here
If you live in another part of England you can see what assistance is available on the council website where you live or at Citizen’s Advice
You can also speak to you social worker/personal adviser or the participation team if you need assistance. Contact details