Coronavirus (Covid-19) latest information

We will keep you updated with the latest government information and advice here. You will also find links to resources you may find helpful and there is more information on the Hounslow Council website.

Coronavirus remains a serious health risk. Stay cautious to help protect yourself and others.

  • Let fresh air in if you meet indoors. Meeting outdoors is safer
  • Wear a face covering in crowded and enclosed spaces where you come into contact with people you do not normally meet
  • Get tested and self-isolate if required
  • If you haven’t already, get vaccinated
International travel

There are now over 100 countries and territories with recognised proof of full vaccination for travel to the UK. There is a single red list of countries for travel to England.

First dose vaccinations for young people

All young people aged 12 to 15 can now book their first vaccine dose online.

Booster Vaccines

People who are eligible can now book a booster vaccine dose online if it’s been at least 6 months since their second dose.

Getting tested for Coronavirus

If you have no symptoms:
If you have coronavirus symptoms:

Advice for care leavers during or after Covid-19

Care Leavers Covenant have put together some useful guidance factsheets for care leavers. The factsheets cover a range of situations such as if you’re studying at university or expecting a child.

Looking after yourself

As well as looking after your physical health, it is very important to look after your mental health.To find out what you can do if you are feeling anxious about Coronavirus see the Young Minds website for advice.

Hounslow Youth Counselling Service are offering new and existing clients telephone support. See their website for more details. Please let them know you are a care leaver as they have a counsellor specifically for care leavers. They also have a self-help hub on their website where you can find information and services to support and empower you.

If you are finding things particularly difficult, there are more services that can help. Samaritans is open 24/7. You can call them on 116123 or email them at

Give us a Shout provide a free text service 24/7. Text 85258

Support with food

If you are struggling to get food you can search online for local food banks that can help you. If you live in the London Borough of Hounslow you can search for your closest one here

If you live in another part of England you can see what assistance is available on the council website where you live or at Citizen’s Advice

You can also speak to you social worker/personal adviser or the participation team if you need assistance. Contact details

Information in other languages