We sometimes ask you to provide us with information about yourself and your family so that we can ensure that you receive the appropriate services. This notice explains what happens with this information.
Gaining your consent
During your contact with the council, you will be informed of how your or your children’s information will be used and that it may be necessary to share this with other services and organisations.
If you do not agree for us to share information, you should let us know. However, there are times when your information could still be shared, for example:
- the stated purposes we tell you about when you supply us with information
- as part of our duty to protect a child, a vulnerable adult, yourself or the public
- for the prevention and detection of a crime
- the assessment of any tax or duty
- if we are required to do so by any court or law
What information do we record?
The information we require from you may include personal or sensitive information, such as:
- First name
- Family name or surname
- Telephone numbers
- Date of birth
- National Insurance number
Sensitive personal information
- Gender, ethnicity and marital status
- Religious or other cultural beliefs
- Physical or mental health or condition
- Offences (including alleged offences)
- Financial information, including bank account details
What do we use it for?
We may also use some of the information you provide us with for other reasons, such as:
- To help us plan services for your future
- To make sure that the service you receive is efficient and effective
- To account for our decisions and investigate complaints
- To meet our statutory obligations
- To identify and protect those at risk of harm
- To ensure the accuracy of our records
- To prevent and detect crime
- To protect you and other people
Children’s Social Care Education Early Intervention: privacy notice
This privacy notice tells you what to expect when the council collects your personal information, it covers your contact with the council and its officers via face to face conversations,telephone, email and written communication.
This privacy notice applies toservices provided by Children Social Care and Education and Early Intervention.